PATERNITY PRESERVATION: SPERM CRYOPRESERVATION
Eva Clinics put at your disposal not only the best experts, but also the most complete and innovative treatments such as PATERNITY PRESERVATION. Nowadays Fatherhood preservation is demanded by many men and it is carried out through the Cryopreservation technique or sperm freezing.
HOW DOES FATHERHOOD PRESERVATION BY SPERM CRYOPRESERVATION IS OBTAINED?
Sperm cryopreservation is a recommended technique for men that want to preserve their fatherhood. It allows you to become a future father with guarantees. It consists in preserving a sperm sample for long periods of time and to utilized it when you want to become father.
WHEN SPERM CRYOPRESERVATION IS INDICATED?
Sperm cryopreservation is the technique used to preserve paternity and is used in the following cases:
- Men who will undergo treatments that may have damaged their fertility, for example an oncological treatment like radiotherapy or chemotherapy.
- Men who have had testicles or prostate surgery.
- Men who will undergo a vasectomy.
- Patients with severe Oligozoospermia (low concentration of sperm) that moves forward to Azoospermia (absence of sperm).
- In IVF treatments. Even if the couple plans on using the In Vitro Fertilisation fresh sperm sample it is advisable to cryopreserve a sample in order to utilize in when it is not possible to get a sample the day of Fertilisation. It is also recommendable to ensure the good quality of the sample that will be used the day of Insemination.
- Men with high-risk occupations in which their reproduction capacity may be affected.
PHASES OF SPERM CRYOPRESERVATION
Sperm Cryopreservation can be obtained with a simple technique. The steps to follow are:
The first step consists in delivering a sperm sample. The only advice before that is the necessity of having 3 or 4 days of sexual abstinence.
2. ANALYSIS OF THE SAMPLE
The sample is analyzed in the laboratory to check if it has the required qualities to be frozen.
3. CRYOPRESERVATION OF THE SAMPLE
Once the sperm sample is certified as acceptable and of good quality it is submitted to a progressive cooling process until it reaches a temperature of -196 °C. It is frozen with steam liquid nitrogen in a cryoprotectant medium in order to guarantee the sperm viability when it needs to be thawed. Cryopreserved samples are perfectly stored until the moment they are required.
HOW LONG DOES CRYOPRESERVED SAMPLES LAST?
Sperm sample are protected in a cryprotectant medium to preserve their durability for a determined period of time keeping their fertilizing ability.