PGD: Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis
Eva Clinics put at your disposal not only the best experts, but also the most complete and innovative treatments such as PREIMPLANTATION GENETIC DIAGNOSIS (PGD). This technique consists in doing a genetic study on embryos prior to be transferred into the uterus preventing the foetus from suffering avoidable genetic diseases.
WHAT IS GENETIC PREIMPLANTATION DIAGNOSIS?
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis is a new diagnostic method based on assisted reproduction techniques which informs you about each embryo prior to their implantation into the uterus, identifying possible genetic diseases and congenital malformations which may affect the foetus after pregnancy is started.
This diagnosis allows only healthy embryos to be transferred into the uterus. Thanks to this process future diseases like Down syndrome and cancer can be avoided. Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis technique is the result of the combination of In Vitro Fertilisation or ICSI and genetic analysis. Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis ensures you that your future baby will be healthy.
PGD is performed the third day of embryo development and when approximately it has eight identical or blastomere cells containing the necessary genetic information in order to give the diagnosis.
FOR WHOM GENETIC PREIMPLANTATION DIAGNOSIS IS INDICATED?
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis is indicated for:
- Couples in which the man suffers from meiotic seminal alteration.
- Couples with the risk of transmitting chromosomal disorders.
- Couples with a medical history of recurrent miscarriages.
- Couples with a medical history about repeated IVF failure (different failed attempts).
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF GENETIC PREIMPLANTATION DIAGNOSIS?
- One of the main Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis advantage is that it is performed prior to the embryo transfer into the uterus and avoids the risk of miscarriage, it is different from other methods.
- In vitroFertilisation cycles with a Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis included have better success rates than those cycles that don’t use it. The chance of embryo survival and the pregnancy rate are increased.
- With Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis it is possible to discover the embryo sex which is useful to avoid the transmission of congenital diseases where it affects a specific gender, for example: haemophilia, cystic fibrosis, muscular dystrophy and Huntington’s disease.
HOW PREIMPLANTATION GENETIC DIAGNOSIS IS PERFORMED?
- In VitroFertilisation is performed to obtain embryos.
- Embryo’s biopsy. It consists in extracting a cell from the embryo without modifying its normal development. Once biopsy is carried out, embryo will be kept in the laboratory until its implantation into the uterus.
- Genetic analysis. The cell obtained by biopsy will be subjected to a genetic study.
- Embryo transfer. The result of the genetic analysis is transferred on a detailed report to EVA medical team and then is decided which embryos will be transferred considering chromosome resources and morphological characteristics of embryo viability.
In accordance with Spanish Organic Law 15/1999 on Personal data protection of December 13th , Fertilitysc S.L through this notice informs “evafertilityclinics.com” users’ web page about personal data protection.
Fertilitysc, SL. is registered into the Valencian Commercial Registry, 9634 volume, 6916 Book, sheet 37, page V-154083, 1st entry C.I.F B-98540750.
Fertilitysc, SL. makes this web page accessible through hypertext links. The inclusion of links to other web pages does not imply neither their contents’ approval by Fertilitysc, SL nor any kind of association between Fertilitysc, SL. and their owners.
Copying, reproducing, communicating, allocating, disclosing this web page contents is forbidden without the prior explicit consent by Fertilitysc, SL. Recreating and storing this web page content is only allowed if its usage and display from a personal computer is strictly necessary.
The user can access the web page information without providing any personal information. Nevertheless, in the event that the user wants to make a consultation by email, it will be necessary filling in a form; in this case the personal information provided will be treated and incorporated in a file of which Fertilitysc, SL. is the responsible and addressee, it is located in Calle Roger de Lauria nº 19, 3º, 3 A, Valencia (46002) whose purpose is providing the requested information as well as the benefits connected to its fulfillment. Fertilitysc, SL. is the file’s responsible and it deal with sending commercial offers by email or electronic channels.
The interested party can exercise the rights of accessing, rectifying, cancelling and opposition by a written consent addressed to Fertilitysc, SL. (located in Calle Roger de Lauria nº 19, 3º, 3 A, Valencia) or directly sending an email to [email protected]. The request should include the name, last name of the concerned person, a copy of its ID card and the one of its legal representative, as well as a certifying documentation of this request with details about the applicant’s address, the date and its signature and a certifying documentation of the formulated request. If the request does not meet the requirements, its correction will be required. In regards to the right of access, it will be only denied when the request is formulated by someone different from the person affected. No remuneration will be necessary to exercise the rights.
Fertilitysc, SL. Has adopted the necessary technical and organizational measures to guarantee the data protection and avoid their alteration, loss, treatment or no authorized access taking into consideration the technology status, the type of the stored data and its possible risks whether arising from human action or the physical and natural medium. Technical and organizational measures will be adopted to reach the basic objective in regards to security such as the confidentiality defined as a limited access to information by no authorized person, the integrity defined as maintaining the reliable information, and the availability defined as the guarantee to access to the information system through the request of an authorized user.
By accessing or using the section “EVA patients’ testimonials and opinions”, the user authorizes FERTILITYSC, SL and gives the consent to display pictures and testimonials appearing on the internet for promotional use. FERTILITYSC, SL will not be held responsible, in any case, for the property of the provided pictures and therefore, does not assume any responsibility for any loss or damages arising from inaccurate or false images provided