Do’s and Don’ts After Embryo Transfer
The Embryo Transfer is the last step in the IVF process. The success of an Assisted Reproduction procedure may depend on the embryos and their ability to implant in the uterus. Then, the patient will have to wait for about two weeks to know if a pregnancy has occurred. Patients have a lot of questions and thoughts during the dreaded Two-Week Wait (2WW): Should I be on complete bed rest? Is there anything I can do to increase my chances on getting pregnant? Do I have to keep taking my medication? Is it safe to have sexual intercourse?
What To Do After Embryo Transfer
Although Fertility Specialists generally recommend some safety precautions after an embryo transfer, they also stress that patients can carry a normal life, not to obsess over whether or not you are pregnant. Use this time to try to take it easy and relax, plan activities you enjoy, both before and after the 2WW, and spend time with family and friends.
- Bed rest after Embryo Transfer: Bed rest is advised while at the clinic (no more than 20-30 minutes) after the embryo transfer is performed. Once you leave the clinic, you may resume your routine activities, avoiding strenuous activities but you can return to your normal routine.
- Avoid strenuous physical activity: You can go for a walk, drive, go to work (if your work does not involve heavy lifting or vigorous exercise) and you can explore relaxation techniques such as yoga and Tai Chi.
- Sexual Intercourse: It is recommended to avoid sexual intercourse until you get your pregnancy test result. Most women experienced enlarged ovaries as a result of ovarian stimulation and penetration and orgasms can cause uterine contractions.
- Medication after transfer: When the patient is discharged home, the doctor will provide instructions concerning the type and dosage of the medication to be used until the pregnancy test result. If you feel some discomfort after the procedure (low abdominal pain or headache) you can take paracetamol for pain relief.
- It is important to avoid baths (tub baths, swimming pool, beach) to avoid potential infections.
- Drink plenty of fluids: In order to maintain adequate hydration and to help regulate cell hydration, which is essential for proper cell functioning (including the endometrial cells themselves).
And, above all, stay calm. Read this post for further tips on how to deal with the Two Week Wait, two weeks that carry a variety of feelings like uncertainty. Following these recommendations and introducing some changes in your daily routine, as explained above, can be tremendously helpful. Having a relaxed attitude towards the pregnancy test and sharing your experience with others will help you get through this period.
In accordance with Spanish Organic Law 15/1999 on Personal data protection of December 13th , Fertilitysc S.L through this notice informs “evafertilityclinics.com” users’ web page about personal data protection.
Fertilitysc, SL. is registered into the Valencian Commercial Registry, 9634 volume, 6916 Book, sheet 37, page V-154083, 1st entry C.I.F B-98540750.
Fertilitysc, SL. makes this web page accessible through hypertext links. The inclusion of links to other web pages does not imply neither their contents’ approval by Fertilitysc, SL nor any kind of association between Fertilitysc, SL. and their owners.
Copying, reproducing, communicating, allocating, disclosing this web page contents is forbidden without the prior explicit consent by Fertilitysc, SL. Recreating and storing this web page content is only allowed if its usage and display from a personal computer is strictly necessary.
The user can access the web page information without providing any personal information. Nevertheless, in the event that the user wants to make a consultation by email, it will be necessary filling in a form; in this case the personal information provided will be treated and incorporated in a file of which Fertilitysc, SL. is the responsible and addressee, it is located in Calle Roger de Lauria nº 19, 3º, 3 A, Valencia (46002) whose purpose is providing the requested information as well as the benefits connected to its fulfillment. Fertilitysc, SL. is the file’s responsible and it deal with sending commercial offers by email or electronic channels.
The interested party can exercise the rights of accessing, rectifying, cancelling and opposition by a written consent addressed to Fertilitysc, SL. (located in Calle Roger de Lauria nº 19, 3º, 3 A, Valencia) or directly sending an email to [email protected]. The request should include the name, last name of the concerned person, a copy of its ID card and the one of its legal representative, as well as a certifying documentation of this request with details about the applicant’s address, the date and its signature and a certifying documentation of the formulated request. If the request does not meet the requirements, its correction will be required. In regards to the right of access, it will be only denied when the request is formulated by someone different from the person affected. No remuneration will be necessary to exercise the rights.
Fertilitysc, SL. Has adopted the necessary technical and organizational measures to guarantee the data protection and avoid their alteration, loss, treatment or no authorized access taking into consideration the technology status, the type of the stored data and its possible risks whether arising from human action or the physical and natural medium. Technical and organizational measures will be adopted to reach the basic objective in regards to security such as the confidentiality defined as a limited access to information by no authorized person, the integrity defined as maintaining the reliable information, and the availability defined as the guarantee to access to the information system through the request of an authorized user.
By accessing or using the section “EVA patients’ testimonials and opinions”, the user authorizes FERTILITYSC, SL and gives the consent to display pictures and testimonials appearing on the internet for promotional use. FERTILITYSC, SL will not be held responsible, in any case, for the property of the provided pictures and therefore, does not assume any responsibility for any loss or damages arising from inaccurate or false images provided